Thursday, August 28, 2014

Week 2: Essay


Essay Option 3: First Memories of Writing

I remember when I was going into third grade and I was so excited because we were going to learn how to write in cursive that year. I was so excited because I felt like knowing cursive made me a grown up or something. We would learn one letter at a time, and we had little workbooks to write everything in. Cursive was definitely more difficult than I had thought initially, but it was really fun. I always thought as a little girl that I could not read cursive until I could write cursive! So once I learned I thought I was so cool and of course wanted to use cursive all the tine! I still love to write in cursive today because it is fun to play with, and I can always get creative with it. 
Cursive Alphabet
I also remember learning how to type in school. I already had developed my own typing style at home, but we had to take classes in elementary school. I liked typing so I did not think it would be that bad. Little did I know, typing class was so much different and more difficult. We had to use certain fingers for certain buttons. I was not used to this so it was good to take a class to learn a more proper way of typing. 
Keyboard
I remember when I was in grade school, middle school, and sometimes high school when we wrote poems or short stories. I always thought it would be really hard, but I always usually ended up with something pretty good. We almost always had to share our stories in front of the class. I am very shy with my writing so I always was so terrified to do this. It was very, very hard for me. We had to write an "About Me" paper for our senior year of high school and it was not only something I had written, but something that was extremely personal. I was so scared to read it out loud at the podium, but I faced my fears and did it. Surprisingly enough, it up being a really fun experience. Throughout middle and high school I realized I liked English class the best, and it was also my best subject!

No comments:

Post a Comment