Friday, August 15, 2014

Week 1 Favorite Places: Hawaii





I decided to pick Hawaii for my favorite places. I have a lot of favorites, but this one has to be the greatest!

Crystal Blue Waters of Hawaii

Being the beach lover that I am, my favorite place in the world has to be Hawaii! I have been to Hawaii twice and have concluded that it is pretty much the most beautiful place I have seen. It is peaceful, yet exciting at the same time. It is also a great place for a family to have fun together, or an awesome place to honeymoon (which is what I want to do). The first time I went to Hawaii, I went to Maui with my whole family which was great! There was great restaurants there, some shopping, and great hotels. I loved it! The second time I went with just my dad because his work had won a trip to Kona which is on the Big Island. It was very different from Maui. There was black volcanic rock everywhere and our hotel was very secluded.  Overall, Hawaii is an exotic, laid back, gorgeous destination where you can have the most amazing time whether you are on a family vacation or a romantic getaway! I plan to make many more trips in the future, and will hopefully visit all of the islands some day. 


1 comment:

  1. I can definitely relate to your love of Hawaii, Stephanie - it is an AMAZING place!!! I went to high school there my freshman year because my dad had a temporary job there in Honolulu. My favorite was going snorkeling in Hanauma Bay!
    And listen, there's not actually a Hawaii reading unit for this class (I need to make one!), but you can find some great Hawaiian folktale and mythology materials at Sacred Texts Archive. That might be something you want to explore as you think about a project for this class! There are some beautiful Hawaiian storytelling traditions and legends, as you can imagine!

    ReplyDelete