Thursday, August 21, 2014

Week 1: Storybook Favorites


Storybook Favorites

The first storybook that I have picked is the Italian Love Story. What drew my attention to this story was the introduction. When I saw the introduction page there was a picture of the cast from How I Met Your Mother. I watched this show when it was on so I was immediately curious about it. I was interested in how the author would tell the story with a connection to the show. I thought it was a really good idea to mix these stories because it was very interesting. It was fun and a very different way of rewriting a story.

The second storybook I picked was Nursery Rhymes Gone Wrong. What captured me on this storybook was the title because it announces the topic of the story very clearly. I think that is really important because it is the first impression that the storybook leaves on someone. When I am looking through the list of storybooks the first thing I see is the title, and the title is what makes me either read or not read the storybook. If there is a boring title or a title that sounds not interesting to me, I probably will not read it. The thing I was not crazy about was the pictures the author used in this storybook.

The third storybook that I choose is Mermaid Tales from Around the World. The reason I chose this storybook is because I really liked the use of images in this story. Every page had a different beautiful picture of a mermaid. I thought the images were perfect for this story, and really add to the design of the page.  I am a very visual person, and the first thing I looked for in these stories was good pictures. I think they can really make a storybook special.
Mermaid Tales from Around the World

No comments:

Post a Comment