Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Week 14: Storytelling: The Headless Horseman


Dear Diary,                                                                                                          December 12, 1892

Today I came to the town of Sleepy Hollow to investigate the mysterious murders happening in this dark little town. The townspeople say that every night, one family dies. No one knows which one it will be, but it is sure to happen. Apparently every family is found with their heads cut clean off.  Tonight is going to be interesting to say the least. I am staying with a family that is letting me sleep on their bed and eat from their table. They are very kind, but they are so very terrified.

Wish me luck,

Ichabod W. Crane

Sleepy Hollow

Dear Diary,                                                                                                           December 13, 1892

Last. Night. Was. Brutal.
Who knew that the family I was staying with would be the ones with damned souls that night. I woke up to screams of horror and terror. I was not expecting such excitement my first night in Sleepy Hollow. When I came out of my room, I saw three heads laying on the floor. Next to them were the bodies of the mother, father, and their son. Blood was everywhere. I almost got sick, but luckily I kept my composure. I cannot imagine what horrid creature is evil enough to commit these gruesome crimes. Hopefully I figure this mystery out soon.

Traumatize and terrified,

Ichabod W. Crane


Dear Diary,                                                                                                           December 14, 1892

Well tonight I had to move into another family's house. The mother and father of the family have three young, precious daughters. I must find the murderer soon so that the innocent children of this community do not die. I know tonight will bring more murders if I do not do something. I have decided to stay awake all night and look out the window. That is the only way to get a clue as to who this monster is. Well, I guess I shall get to it then. I am going to grab a big cup of coffee, my sword, and look out the window 'til sunrise.

Tired but determined,

Ichabod W. Crane


The Headless Horseman
Dear Diary,                                                                                                           December 17, 1892

Last night was seriously insane. I was looking out the window when all of a sudden I heard a horse galloping in the distance. It got closer and closer until I knew it was right outside the house where I am staying. Before I could blink, I saw the monster. I was immediately excited and terrified all at the same time. You will never believe who the murderer is. It is in fact a headless horseman. I know it sounds crazy, but it is the truth. He was searching for my host family, but I had my weapons ready. The moment he busted open the door, I was in the corner hiding. He did not see me so when he turned to go towards the bedrooms, I stabbed him straight through the heart. He died right then and there and was never again seen in the town of Sleepy Hollow. I am so happy to have solved this horrible case, and to have even became a hero to the townspeople. Now I will travel to a town called Horrorland where there seems be another case of headless bodies appearing all over the place. Talk to you again tomorrow, diary. Wish me luck.

Ready for the next adventure,

Ichabod W. Crane

Author's Note:
So for this story I kind of combined ideas from two stories. I used a character (sort of) from The Headless Princess and the storyline from The Witch Girl. The Headless Princess had a woman who would take her head off her body to clean it, and a boy was peeping and saw her so she tried to take revenge on him. In The Witch Girl, a man asks to stay with a family for the night. They let him in, but tell him that every night a family dies in the town. He stayed up all night to make sure no one died, and saw that a witch all dressed in white was trying to sprinkle something in through the window. He cuts her arm off when he sees this. Later it is revealed that it is a girl from the town who was the witch and killing families. I kind of combined these two ideas and made my own little story.

No comments:

Post a Comment