Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Week 13: Reading Diary

Week 12: Reading Diary: Grimm (Librivox)

The Frog Prince:
I liked reading this story because I have never read this version. I like how the moral of the story is that you should always keep your word. The princess tried to trick the frog, but her father says she can never go against her word. It worked out good for her anyways. He turns into a handsome prince! The only thing I do not like about the story is that she was rude to him and lied to him, yet he still wanted to marry her in the end.

Rapunzel:
This is a sweet story because it is all about love. I hate how the enchantress steals away Rapunzel as a baby, but that is something that is crucial to the story to make it all work and make sense. I think it would be fun to have them defeat the enchantress rather than find each other later.

The Straw, the Coal, and the Bean:
This was a really strange story. I probably wont rewrite this one because there wasn't much story there in my opinion. It was, however, nice to read a story from Grimm that I was not familiar with.

The Mouse, The Bird, and The Sausage:
This story reminds me of the saying "If its not broke, don't fix it." This was kind of a sad story because they were all happy, but someone criticized the way they did things. When they tried to rearrange their duties, they all died doing someone else job.

Briar Rose:
I liked reading this because it was a lot different than the Sleeping Beauty story I remember watching as a child. I think this is a really pretty and detailed story. Of course it ends with a prince saving a princess because that is how many of these stories end.


The Queen Bee:
This is another good story with a moral about karma. I really liked it because the dwarf brother was always trying to be nice to everyone and wouldn't let his brothers hurt innocent animals and creatures. In the end, those creatures came to help him and he ended up with the best princess, and later became king.

The Fox and the Horse:
This story was really enjoyable. It was nice to read another "trickster" story because sometimes what happens is so obvious, but other times you have no idea what is going to happen. I am not sure if I have a story like this in my storytellings or portfolios, but this would be a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment