Thursday, November 6, 2014

Week 12: Essay

Week 12: Essay

This week I read the Celtic Fairytale unit and I really enjoyed it. I think I liked it a lot because a lot of these stories were really different from a lot of the other stories I have read for this class. There was one about a leprechaun, one very similar to Snow White, and there was even one about a ghost. One of my favorites was Gold-Tree and Silver-Tree. This is the story that is closely related to what we know as Snow White. It was different though because her mother was the one trying to kill her, not her step mother. The mother also tried three times to kill her until the mother eventually died. This actually reminded me of something that someone from class would rewrite. Like if they were to take the Snow White story we all know, and change it up in the way that this story was written.
Gold-Tree and Silver-Tree
  I also really enjoyed Beth Gellert because it really got to me emotionally. I think it is a story that a lot of people know. They at least have heard a story with a similar storyline and message. This is the story I chose to write this week for the storytelling assignment because I thought that it was a really good one and people should read it. This was the best unit I have read in a while. I really enjoyed doing the readings this week. Last week was pretty good too. I am looking forward to next week, though, because it looks like there are going to be a few more familiar stories that we get to read. I am looking forward to that, and also to reading other peoples stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment